Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ldap and Imail

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
luisduenas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luisduenas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ldap and Imail
    Posted: 03 August 2009 at 7:57pm
Hello , I want to integrate the User Authentication whit the Imail mail software, SF is working in Standart Filters,

But i cant make it work  whit differents domains.

whit one domain ej isourcing.com.mx it works
server : my server.
Specify Account : cn=Myuser, o=isourcing.com.mx
Search base DN : o=isourcing.com.mx
Search mask : (|(sAMAccountName=%0:s)(uid=%0:s)(mail=%0:s))

test result= Account successfully logged it

But if I left the search base dn empty , cause I want to use whit diferents domains.
Account failed: Objet does not exist (No existe el objeto)

the ldap structure is:

My server
     o=myDomains.com
                ou=People
                           uid=myUsers
     o=mysecondDomain.com
                ou=People
                           uid=myUsers

Do i need to change to enterprice filters in order to use a Ldap setting peer domain ?
or the is a way to use a varible for domaing striping like "o=%1@:s"  to use the email domain for the search base DN ?

Regards.
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2009 at 10:59pm
luisduenas,

Both SpamFilter ISP "standard" and "Enterprise" have the same exact functionality with LDAP integration, so you can use either version.

As you are able to obtain a successful authentication when filling in the "Search base DN" with "o=isourcing.com.mx", that indicates that your connection settings and the search mask are working correctly.

The default search mask below:
(|(sAMAccountName=%0:s)(uid=%0:s)(mail=%0:s))

is used to locate the specific user in the LDAP structure. The syntax above means that the "%0" place holder will be replaced by the username, and that the three attributes:

sAMAccountNAme
uid
mail

will all be tested to see if they match the username. If any of them match, that will trigger a positive match. According to the ldap structuure you included in the posting, you are most likely getting a "hit" on the "uid" attribute, indicating the default mask we provide works in your environment.

Now going back to your issue when the base dn is empty, SpamFilter does need a base DN to tell SpamFilter from where to start searching in LDAP. Your root domain is specified as "o=myDomains.com". That would actually normally be indicated with something like "o=myDomains,o=com". If the LDAP structure is configured accordingly, this would allow you to specify a base dn of "o=com" with all your domains branching underneath it:

o=com
o=mydomains
ou=People
o=myotherdomain
ou=People

You may also be able to configure your LDAP server to handle referrals, and to provide a reference to which servers handle the other domains. SpamFilter should follow LDAP Referrals accordingly.

Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
luisduenas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luisduenas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 10:42am
I'll try

thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic