Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

request: improoved statistics display?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Marco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: request: improoved statistics display?
    Posted: 06 July 2005 at 5:14am

Would it be possible to enhance the pie diagram statistics to show percentages of spam originating from a certain country?

I'm thinking somewhere like a hatched area in the coloured pie section to indicate the percentage of spam from that country.

For example: After investigation i found out that South korea was sending us 100% spam, so i blocked the country.  A bit rigorous, but effective.

The point is: i had to investigate using the quaraintine DB and the logs to figure it out, having a plain and simple graph display would imho be very useful.

Any thoughts on this idea?

Regards,

Marco

Anyone who is capable of getting himself made president, should on no account be allowed to do the job. D.Adams
vrspock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vrspock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2005 at 5:08pm
We also block China for the same reason.  For both countries we have a guilty until proven innocent philosophy...meaning if someone is legit they better be on our white lists.  So far...we've never seen anything from China or Korea that was legit, yet both countries are our largest sources of email besides the U.S. and are significantly larger sources than any other country!

Originally posted by Marco Marco wrote:

Would it be possible to enhance the pie diagram statistics to show percentages of spam originating from a certain country?

I'm thinking somewhere like a hatched area in the coloured pie section to indicate the percentage of spam from that country.

For example: After investigation i found out that South korea was sending us 100% spam, so i blocked the country.  A bit rigorous, but effective.

The point is: i had to investigate using the quaraintine DB and the logs to figure it out, having a plain and simple graph display would imho be very useful.

Any thoughts on this idea?

Regards,

Marco

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic