Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Plz Help with a Spam Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
keizersozay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keizersozay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plz Help with a Spam Problem
    Posted: 27 August 2004 at 4:23pm

Hi all,

I work for an outdoor advertising company in the United States and lately we have had serveral people email us concerning spam sent from us. Well it wasn't sent from us, it wasn't even spoofed but it does claim to be from our company. I need some help on what to do about shutting these people down. The emails seem to be sent to only people in the UK (so far) and reference my comapny with our correct PO box!

http://allcheapsolutions.com/r/eml2.html

this is what is referenced in the email that they send out.
What are the proper steps to take to shut these guys down?

I know this doesn't directly deal with SpamFilter ISP but as a user of SpamFilter I know the people on this forum have the insight I need.

Thanks.

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2004 at 11:26pm

keizersozay,

while we can't help with the legal issues involved in your request, on the technical side this is exactly what SPF (Sender's Policy Framework) was created to avoid. SpamFilter now supports SPF, and more and more products are adopting it as well. We recommend you implement an SPF record in your DNS, it's extremely easy to do, and if spam faking your addresses was sent to a provider who checks and support SPF checks, then the fake emails will be rejected. There's not that many now, but the number continues to increase daily.

Roberto F.
LogSat Software

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic