Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Spamfilter has decided not to log any more spam in the Quarantine data
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Spamfilter has decided not to log any more spam in the Quarantine data

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
vmorgo View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmorgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spamfilter has decided not to log any more spam in the Quarantine data
    Posted: 29 April 2004 at 12:25am

Ahhhh crud!

Just changed my entire domain over from "alabang.edu" to "cns.edu".  This is a non-registered internal domain that does not exist on the internet.  It is for my building only. 

Anywho, I changed the domain over, and moved the spamfilter machine (running windows 2000 and SpamFilter 1.2.0.212 eval) to the new domain.  As far as I can tell, all the spam is still being filtered out--at least I don't seem to be getting a whole lot of it.  I am a bit surprised by this as I used to get about 30% of my incoming mail as spam.  As my external domain (which relays the mail to me) has not changed, I didn't understand this change, until I noticed that the quarantine database never shows any entries! 

I have tried reinstalling the application, and even removing the old database (I have it saved under another name) and replacing it with a fresh new database file (msaccess flavored) has made no difference.

Any feedback or suggestions as to how to fix this rather serious bug would save me the brute force method of having to rebuild the entire server from scratch--which I think is a rather extreme solution to what I believe may be a very simple-to-fix problem.

Thanks!

bpogue99 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bpogue99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2004 at 2:55pm

Don't know if you've got the same issue I had, but I recently moved my database to a new machine which may be similar to what you've done. Anyway, the change in machines/domains affected the database in two spots that caused spamfilter to stop quarantining email, and even after I got that restarted it wouldn't deliver mail from the quarantine. I run a SQL server quarantine but the same issue would apply to other installs I would believe. Roberto worked with me to fix it with the following two tasks. #2 was the key. When I checked that table it had the old name of the server in it. Once I changed that tblServers table and made the entries match what they should have... it all worked.

1) Look in the SPamFilter.ini file for the entry: tblServersServerID= If it does have a numeric value greater than 0, does that server ID exist in the tblServers table of the database? If not, they need to be set to match (see #2)

2) Can you then try to edit the tblServers table and change the existing server name to that of your SQL server (or database server), then add that server ID to the ini file to the tblServersServerID parameter?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic