Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Software versions - hurting yourselves here

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Robert Shelton View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Software versions - hurting yourselves here
    Posted: 31 March 2003 at 12:00am

I just discovered that the newest version that I'd downloades is .70, not .80. The web site says .80 in both places, so it was pure luck that I discovered this discrepancy. The new download was newer than the version that I'd downloaded a week or so ago. So I've been sending you emails thinking that I was on one version, but was on an older version. Because I didn't know this, I've wasted your and my time by misdirecting you to look in the wrong place for bugs. Additionally as a new user who has not registered yet, I am seeing a buggy program - see my other postings about inability to insert items in lists - that, because it doesn't appear to be working correctly, disinclines me to buy a license. Remember guys, I don't even have this software working yet, and you're asking me to work with a back version that has bugs. I don't have spare time for that, frankly, and you're not making any money from respondign to customers who think the new version has old bugs.

I think you're increasing your support costs and discouraging potential customers with what is probably a well intentioned attempt to encourage people to license your product. This policy needs to be rethought. There are other ways to meet your objective.

Robert Shelton

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2003 at 12:00am

Can you please let us know where you downloaded the software from? I double-checked our website, and both evaluation and registered downloads are the correct .80 build. You are correct if you refer to Download.com's "Fast Download". I noticed that one did not get updated yet by CNEt.

Unfortunately bugs will always be present in every software, wether it's free, costs $200, or $10,000. BTW, it may be interesting to know that about 50% of the bugs in our software were actually caused by bugs in our $7,000 compiler...

SpamFilter is designed to stop spam. We continuosly receive request for additions and try to satisfy everyone. In the process errors are going to happen, they're unavoidable. But we do our best to take care of them as soon as possible. This is also why we provide a fully functional copy for you to test. If you like what you see and decide to use it, only then you can purchae a license.

Roberto Franceschetti LogSat Software

Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2003 at 12:00am

Roberto,

I looked back on the download page. I'd clicked on the link next to the first icon, then taken the top icon of the two choices - yes, the fast download button.

I will download .80 this AM and reinstall this evening.

Robert Shelton

Where the original download ca View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Where the original download ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2003 at 12:00am

Roberto,

I am not certain, unfortunately, but probably tucows or majorgeeks. With either, though, the actual source would have been a third party partner site. To the best of my recollection, I downloaded the first file no more than 3 weeks ago. I was very surprised when I downloaded the .70 version. It was VERY different from the version that I'd downloaded. I never saw a version # come up on the GUI, so I don't know what version I had.

Bogus View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bogus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2003 at 12:00am

Are u from USA, smart guy? it's writ large on your face...

Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2003 at 12:00am

Smart ass behavior like yours is totally inappropriate. I doubt that "where you're from" has anything to do with your rude behavior and complete lack of social graces. Never would I berate your countrymen (regardless of where you're from) for you're acting like an ass. Grow up or shut up.

Robert Shelton

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic