Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Goodbye everyone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
atifghaffar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atifghaffar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Goodbye everyone
    Posted: 16 September 2009 at 12:59am
Hi Roberto et all,

Greetings from Neuchatel, Switzerland,

We are now moving slowly all the customers to a new infrastucture.
All the time we had with this software, support and the community was fantastic.

Kudos to you Roberto.

In a 50+ linux shop we had 5 machines running Windows. It was a thorn for me but it was one that helped more that hurting.

There are a fingerful programs on Windows that I can appreciate.
SFI was on the top of the list.

We are now launching a linux only platform (outsourced partially ), where we will not be using the SFI for the new platform.

I want to thank everyone in my community, every one from the support (roberto.., I have no idea how you can develop and be on the forum at the same time), everyone who read my rants and answered my questions.

kudos to all of you.

best regards
--
Atif Ghaffar

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2009 at 11:42pm
Atif,

Thank YOU for everything!
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
yapadu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yapadu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2009 at 8:28am
Dunno if it is related, but I've had an increase in SPAM getting through recently.  With 20,000 domains gone after atifghaffar stopped using the product the SFDB may not be as effective.
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2009 at 11:43am
yapadu,

I don't think that is related. On most pages of our website (except the forum pages) we post, in real-time, the number of IPs listed in our SFDB database. That value usually oscillates between 250,000 and 500,000, depending on how much spam is circulating around the world at the time.. Right now we the counter is at 422,910, which is pretty much average.
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
yapadu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yapadu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 9:53am
The amount of SPAM that we are seeing getting through has recently increased.  How can we use the SPAM that slips through to reduce further messages?

I suggest our users forward messages to us (as attachments, so we get headers).  Other than creating filters how/who can we supply the messgaes to.  I don't think there is any way we can feed the messages to spamfilter right?  

Does it help to provide them to any service like spamcop etc?  There is obviously knowledge gained from having messages that did not get identified as SPAM being reported as such... but who can this knowledge be reported to?
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 10:59pm
yapadu,

The spam emails that are missed by SpamFilter cannot be fed right back to SpamFilter, sorry. However reporting them to Spamcop is indeed a good idea, as once that is done the spam report will be picked up by a few other blacklists as well.
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic