Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Unable to modify White List

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dave.m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave.m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unable to modify White List
    Posted: 15 September 2009 at 10:41am
We host e-mail for several domains, and are using the Enterprise version of SpamFilter.

One of those domains would like to auto-whitelist a From E-mail address. 

When i go into the Enterprise Spam Filter settings, I select that domain, and uncheck the use defaults checkbox.  I hit the Post Edit button, and it saves that this domain is now not using the defaults.

I choose Black/White Lists, and under White Lists type in the e-mail address under the "Excluded FROM Emails" tab. 

I click the Save Settings button, and then the Close button.

When I go back to the same screen and choose the domain I made the change for - the e-mail address no longer shows up in the list, and when I navigate to the C:\Program Files\Spamfilter\domains directory - it does not look like the change was ever saved.  (I'm guessing there should be a folder with the domain I made the change to but currently the only folders in this one are ALL DOMAINS and SFI.)

Do I need to manually create the folder for the domain under the domains folder?  Or is there another reason that this isn't working - like maybe I'm performing the steps in the wrong order?

Thanks in advance,

Dave
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2009 at 11:18pm
Dave,

The procedure you describe is correct, and the address should indeed appear there. Could you please zip and email us the section of SpamFilter's activity logfile containing the 5 minutes before and the 5 minutes after of entries around the time you click the "Save Settings" button (email to support@logsat.com), so we can take a better look?
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic