Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blacklists

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
n/a View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blacklists
    Posted: 26 March 2003 at 12:00am

Is there a reason that you have blacklisted ip's and domains in seperate files, and blacklisted emails and keywords in the ini file?

I think it is nice that I can add items into those external files, and the files are reloaded every minute, as opposed to the ini file, which i believe i have to stop spamfilter and restart it to get that to load.

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2003 at 12:00am

Originally when we developed SpamFilter everything was placed in the ini file to simplify its use. You are correct in assuming that SpamFilter needs to be restarted to reload the new settings. We were asked to place the blacklist of IPs and domains in a separate file by several users, and that is how things work now.

We agree with you that it would be more flexible to have other entries in separate files as well. That is in the works and we'll be releasing a new build within a couple of weeks with these changes in.

Roberto Franceschetti LogSat Software

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic