Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

eeeh, 42000 e-mail from addresses

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MarvinFS View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvinFS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: eeeh, 42000 e-mail from addresses
    Posted: 15 April 2003 at 7:24am

Roberto,

I've got fresh antispam txt file with 42000 FROM: adresses (wildcards, etc)

Clicking SAVE settings button was my mistake! :) Spamfilter is now in at a deadlock! :) (site of txt file was about a 1 Mb) size of ini file is now about 300k and still growing! :)

it parsed settings about 15 minutes already.

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2003 at 8:15am

Never tested it with that many :-)

Can you email us the file so we can reproduce it here? Could be that size is not an issue, but rather that an entry within that file is causing it to deadlock.

Roberto Franceschetti
LogSat Software

MarvinFS View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvinFS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2003 at 9:13am

it was due to a size! :)

it took about an hour to cmplete parsing! :)

last entry in ini is now under number:
EMail42892=zuluk@zwallet.com

cool! :) now, sendign you the file. another question could you measure if such a big number of addrsses will cause significant delays in mail checking? please answer here, i think it will be interesting for all.

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2003 at 11:15am

Part of why I asked for the file was to see how performance was affected. We have not particurarly optimized the exclusion lookup routines for speed as we did not expect that high number.

Roberto F.
LogSat Software

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2003 at 12:50pm

Tested your file, and definetly SpamFilter is not optimized for that number of exclusions. We're currently entering them in the SpamFilter.ini file, and that is not the right place to put them... We'll be then moving them as well in a separate file, as we recently did for other local black/white lists. This should definetly improve performance. I'll send you a beta release if you wish to test it out if you wish within a day or so.

Roberto

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2003 at 11:42pm
Well, you're right, it was pretty slow importing the list and placing it in the ini file... We are placing the FROM and TO email blacklists in separate files. Preliminary testing shows a huge improvement in the import speed. The lookups in the list seemed to be already very efficient, so we made no changes there. We'll be releasing the new build within a few days.

Roberto Franceschetti
LogSat Software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic