Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Many receipients

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mark Reimer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Reimer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Many receipients
    Posted: 10 April 2003 at 12:57pm
Inside my organization, we send out messages to all users. This causes spam filter to quarentine (or reject) most of them. I set the max number of receipients to well over my max number of users, and then we are o.k. Is there a way to have SpamFilter allow "global" messages from my local domain, to my local domain, but not allow a high number of receipients to local domain from an outside domain?
Bill Stewart View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Stewart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2003 at 2:35pm

SpamFilter is not designed to be your outgoing mail server. It's designed to process incoming mail to your domain(s).

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2003 at 6:46pm

Mark,

SpamFilter is designed to handle your *incoming* email only. Your local users (and admins...) should still have in their "outgoing SMTP server" settings in their email clients the address of your SMTP server, not SpamFilter.

Roberto Franceschetti
LogSat Software

George View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2003 at 5:55pm

I am had the same problem and I was using my outgoing server. The problem I had was when the emails went from the outgoing smtp server to the MX server (SpamFilter) before going to the pop server. I ended up hard coding the pop server to recieve all local address's from the smtp server instead of the MX server (SpamFilter). For Client domains I just added them in the Excluded Domains tap in the whitelisted section.

I am still testing this software before I decide to purchase it. So far it great, not counting the issues that have already been posted.

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2003 at 6:19pm

Hi George,

SpamFilter should not be used as an outgoing SMTP server in a client's configuration. It is designed to be configured so that it can accept incoming email addressed to your domain(s), ex. zzzzz.com. It then forwards such emails to your SMTP incoming server.

From what I could see, your configuration in that respect is correct. SpamFilter seems to be listening on mail2.zzzzz.com, which is listed as your primary MX record. SpamFilter should then be configured to forward to your existing SMTP server (on mail.zzzzz.com).

With this configuration your customers should not have to change a thing, they should still use your SendMail on mail.zzzzz.com as their outgoing SMTP server in their email client configurations. Your incoming mail will instead now be delivered to the new MX (SpamFilter on mail2.zzzzz.com) which then forwards to your SendMail on mail.zzzzz.com.

We're not clear on why emails from your outgoing smtp server are going to the MX server (spamfilter) before being sent to the pop.

Roberto Franceschetti
LogSat Software

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic