Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Enterprise Scaling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Wayne View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Enterprise Scaling
    Posted: 09 April 2003 at 1:17pm

Hi, I have a question regarding how your product scales to an enterprise. To give you a better idea of "enterprise" we see on average 2000 email messages per hour.

Does anyone have any information or experience on how this product scales to this level of traffic? I love the product, and it works great but this has been brought up by management as a long term concern.

Any feedback, metrics, tests, or other evidence to support the scalability to this level would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Wayne

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2003 at 2:28pm

Wayne,

Our biggest customer has used SpamFilter on a server that handles about 1 million emails/day, with about 100-300 concurrent incoming connections at any given second. With that load, the SpamFilter process was using on average 30% processor time, and had a memory footprint of about 30-50MB of RAM. I cannot provide the company name without his permission, if they read the postings maybe they will do it for me.

Roberto Franceschetti
LogSat Software

Wayne View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2003 at 2:54pm

Thanks Roberto, I appreciate the feedback. Hopefully this will alleviate any concerns and I will be able to proceed with a pilot project.
Any further feedback would also be appreciated.

Cheers,
Wayne

Contact me offlist if you prefer to provide feedback in confidence
security dot admin at aspentech dot com

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic