Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Settings Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
alexxxx1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexxxx1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Settings Question
    Posted: 13 December 2016 at 9:04am
Hi,

we checked the "Tag Spam & Deliver" Box to handdle spam on the back-end. There is a case where I need an exception. I would like to send e-mails with blocked attachments directly to the quarantine instead of sending them to the back-end.

Thanks,
Alex
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2016 at 1:46pm
Sorry, that is not possible - with the "tag spam" options the emails will only be tagged but still delivered to the user. There's not a way to have an exception to have them quarantined instead.

Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
TerryPur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryPur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2018 at 9:23am
This is exactly what I was wondering about as well. Is this not possible from a technical standpoint or is it just a decision you guys made not to enable this, Roberto?
Hi!
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2018 at 2:08pm
It's not something that was not enabled, but rather a feature that, besides the original post a couple of years ago, was never thought of implementing.

I should have mentioned this in my original response, but as an FYI while it's not possible to quarantine an email with an otherwise blocked attachment when a "tag and deliver" option is selected, there is always the option of "sending to null". The attachment blacklist supports the use of the :NULL suffix next to an attachment, and using that will cause emails with specific attachments (for example *.zip:NULL) to be dropped. 

Please note that by sending them to NULL, this means the sender will not know they were actually rejected, and the recipient will not know they were sent as they are not in their quarantine.
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic