Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Getting Spam Server to send emails

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
johndpatriot1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johndpatriot1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting Spam Server to send emails
    Posted: 24 September 2013 at 10:39am
I have downloaded and installed the latest versioon of the spam filter ISP programs (well actually v4.5.0.81).

I have it configured and running properly as best I can tell.  it attaches properly to my Access database however, when i try to forward emails form the quarentine to my email box nothing happens.

I have checked the database and the field Deliver is set to true, when I hit FLush now, i get the following in my log, then nothing.

09/24/13 10:36:32:437 -- (163478688) Starting to process quarantine directory...
09/24/13 10:37:24:464 -- (163478688) Starting to process queue directory...
09/24/13 10:37:25:977 -- (163479072) Starting to process queue directory...
09/24/13 10:37:26:367 -- (163479456) Starting to process queue directory...
09/24/13 10:37:26:882 -- (163479456) Starting to process queue directory...
09/24/13 10:37:31:141 -- (18556168) Blacklist cache - starting cleanup

Any ideas?

thanks.

I am a long time user of the program.  it has worked great for us.

John,

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johndpatriot1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2013 at 1:23pm
BTW the server is windows 2012 Standard, 64-bit
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2013 at 2:10pm
John,

Can you please ensure that you downloaded the retail version of SpamFilter, and that you are not still running the "trial" version? You can verify you are using the retail version of the software when running SpamFilter by looking at the bottom left corner of the SpamFilter GUI window. You should see a label that says “REGISTERED” and not “UNREGISTERED. I say this because trial are limited by not allowing external web interfaces (or by changing flags directly from the database) the ability to release emails from the quarantine - in the demo version this can only be done by administrators using SpamFilter's GUI.

If you are indeed running the licensed version, we'd need to take a look at SpamFilter's activity logfile to see if there's any issues. I'll PM you the details of our FTP site in case you need to upload the logs to us.
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johndpatriot1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2013 at 2:32pm
You are correct, we are currently running the Evaluation version.  Is there a link to the retail versio ni can download?
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2013 at 3:04pm
Sure - if you login our website (the link is on the upper right hand side of the menu of most of our pages) with your SpamFilter's order number and email address on record, you'll be able to access the licensed builds of SpamFilter. If you can't find the order number, just email us at support at logsat dot com and we'll help you locating it.
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johndpatriot1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2013 at 3:13pm

I have the order number and am logged into the site, but I still do not see a link to the retail version anywhere?

Please help.

John,

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johndpatriot1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2013 at 9:29am
Ok,  All registered and running the latest version, but am still having the same issue of it not seeming to forward emails to my email server.  Any thoughts?

John,

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2013 at 10:34am
Hi John,

We looked thru your logfile, but there's nothing there indicating that SpamFilter is seeing any emails to be delivered from the quarantine database.

When customers have multiple SpamFilter servers running all sharing the same database, each SpamFilter "marks" the emails that it quarantines, so that if they need to be re-delivered, the same SpamFilter server that originally quarantined the email will be the one that is in charge of re-delivering it.

The "marking" is done by identifying each server running SpamFilter in the database. In your SpamFilter.ini file I noticed this entry that identifies the specific instance of your SpamFilter:

tblServersServerID=2

As that ID is > 1, this likely means you had at some time multiple servers and/or renamed servers (which is usually not an issue). But just in case, can you please open the SpamFilter database, and then open the table tblServers. It should contain just one or two records with a "ServerID" and the name of your SpamFilter server. Can you please let me know what those values are?

Then please open your SpamFilter.ini file (in the SpamFilter directory), and look for the line:

tblServersServerID=2

Can you please stop SpamFilter, change the above value to 0, save the ini file, then restart SpamFilter? This may fix the problem in case the values in the database were "confused" by any database/server migration you may have had.
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johndpatriot1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2013 at 11:19am
I believe that has it fixed,  thanks so much for the help.

Have a great day

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic