Print Page | Close Window

*URGENT* - Problems receiving email since upgrade to 2.0.1.357 and 2.0

Printed From: LogSat Software
Category: Spam Filter ISP
Forum Name: Spam Filter ISP Support
Forum Description: General support for Spam Filter ISP
URL: http://www.logsat.com/spamfilter/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=4001
Printed Date: 18 October 2017 at 7:16am


Topic: *URGENT* - Problems receiving email since upgrade to 2.0.1.357 and 2.0
Posted By: Guests
Subject: *URGENT* - Problems receiving email since upgrade to 2.0.1.357 and 2.0
Date Posted: 19 July 2004 at 5:10pm

Hi,

  I'm hoping someone can help me fairly urgently.  Yesterday morning I upgraded from v2.0.1.347 which we had been using for several months with no issue to v2.0.1.357.  Everything seemed to be going just fine, then I got a call from a user in the afternoon saying they had not received some external email that they had been expecting.  I checked the logs and could see several attempts at this email being sent - each time the remote end would connect, mail would be accepted for the recipient, then about 1 minute later the remote end would disconnect, this just keeps happening (from what I can see so far it appears to only be this particular client - however it is a major bank - which is a concern!).

  Then in the afternoon I saw that v2.0.1.367 had just been released, so I upgraded to that, the same problem appears to still be occuring (I added the domain of the sender to the domain whitelist, but this has made no difference).

  Is there a way I can get more detailed logging to see what is happening?  Does anybody know what may be causing this - should I roll back to v2.0.1.347 (and can I safely do this or will this cause issues with my configuration files?)

Regards,

Damon




Replies:
Posted By: Desperado
Date Posted: 19 July 2004 at 7:01pm

It may be best if LogSat support looks at this one however, it should be no problem to "roll back" but there is one setting in the ini files that you should try ... since it seems to be isilated to one server connection:

ReadTimeout=120  or longer (seconds)  The default is about 1 minute ... this time you seem to be disconnection.  Try this and restart the service and get back to the forum with the results.

Regards,

Dan S.



Posted By: LogSat
Date Posted: 19 July 2004 at 10:56pm

Damon,

I reponded to your private email address with the following:

 
We've just run a test against your SpamFilter install, and everything worked as expected. SpamFilter accepted the email that ended with the <cr><lf>.<cr><lf> sequence, as you correctly stated. Following is the telnet trace:
 
  >>220  Welcome to SpamFilter for ISP SMTP Server v2.1.1.367

  <<EHLO xyz

  >>250-8BITMIME

  >>250 HELP

  <<RSET

  >>250 Ok

  <<MAIL FROM:<roberto2@logsat.com>

  >>250  Address Okay

  <<RCPT TO:<test@yourdomain.com>

  >>250 mailto:test@yourdomain.com" CLASS="ASPForums" TITLE="WARNING: URL created by poster. - test@yourdomain.com Address Okay

  <<DATA

  >>354 Start mail input; end with <CRLF>.<CRLF>

  <<From: roberto2@logsat.com

  <<To: mailto:test@yourdomain.com" CLASS="ASPForums" TITLE="WARNING: URL created by poster. - test@yourdomain.com

  <<Subject: Test from LogSat Software

  <<Content-Type: plain/text;charset="ISO-8859-1";

  <<X-Priority: 3

  <<

  <<test body email

  <<.

  >>250 Ok

&nbs




Print Page | Close Window