Print Page | Close Window

re: SQL feature not implemented

Printed From: LogSat Software
Category: Spam Filter ISP
Forum Name: Spam Filter ISP Support
Forum Description: General support for Spam Filter ISP
URL: http://www.logsat.com/spamfilter/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=2959
Printed Date: 23 October 2017 at 1:13pm


Topic: re: SQL feature not implemented
Posted By: bpogue99
Subject: re: SQL feature not implemented
Date Posted: 16 February 2004 at 4:52pm

Hi Roberto and all the rest of the team,

I'm still working on the SQL error I get from my Spam Filter installs. I have confirmed that on both sides of the connection the MDAC is 2.8. It is SQL2000 with the latest service packs and Spam Filter 212. Both running on Windows 2000 SP4. I've got this exact setup now at 3 different customer locations and all 3 have the same issue with the Quarantine. Thing works as expected except for the purging component. The quarantine just grows and grows.

I have two strings in a SQL statement that I use to purge the quarantine right now. Notice the date line... if I try to put some function in for the date I will at times get this 'feature not implemented' error depending on which date/time function I use. I wonder if there's something up with the date manipulation. Maybe my timezone (set to CST) or something? All my google searches on this error point to date/time functions of some sort. Weird.

Is there a debug command or something so I can see the SQL commands in a log? That way I can troubleshoot it right down to the very syntax of the command.

update tblQuarantine set Expire = 1 where MsgDate <= '2/10/2004 12:00:00 AM'

delete tblMsgs from tblMsgs inner join tblQuarantine on tblMsgs.MsgID = tblQuarantine.MsgID where tblQuarantine.Expire <> 0




Replies:
Posted By: bpogue99
Date Posted: 16 February 2004 at 5:10pm

Wouldn't ya know it... within 30 minutes of posting that I find a solution to it...

When building your Connection String, on the Provider tab select the OLE DB
Provider for SQL Server, rather than the one for ODBC. For whatever reason the OLE connection works but the ODBC does not.

I just tested it on all 3 installs and they all worked fine.




Print Page | Close Window