Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forward spam instead of quarantine?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Elliot View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forward spam instead of quarantine?
    Posted: 04 June 2003 at 3:27pm
Hey, is there a way to redirect identified spam mail or mail from known open relays (via dnsrbl) to a given address (a local one, in this case) instead of quarantining locally?
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2003 at 4:40pm

Not at this moment, no.

Roberto Franceschetti
LogSat Software

Elliot View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2003 at 2:40pm
Thanks for the reply. What I've done is to catch all the spam in quarantine for 999 days, then periodically go through and replace the address in the *.rcpt file with my given spam-collector mailbox. Then process the quarantine through, and it works.

In the new version, 1.2.x, with the database-quarantine, will I be able to do anything similar to this?

Thanks for your help, this is a great product and I'm hoping we can make it work for our environment.
Elliot View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2003 at 2:48pm
Or, and this is more of a wish-list type of post, is there any plan to offer subject-line insertion for spam? like adding [SPAM] (or a selectable string) to the subject line after checking RBL. Thanks.
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2003 at 5:05pm

Gregor,

I'm not sure of what your process is right now, so can't really tell... What we can tell is that the new version (you can download a beta from the website) stores the message content in a table, and the various date, from, to, subject fileds in a separate, related, table. If you process can read from a database, then most likely it can adapt.

Note that being in a database, it's fairly easy to issue a query that will change all the various TO addresses to the one single local given address you asked for at the beginning. You can then, always via the database, trigger a DB field that will cause SpamFilter to deliver the email to that address.

Roberto Franceschetti
LogSat Software

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2003 at 5:06pm

Not currently, but if there is great demand for it yes, we can.

Roberto F.
LogSat Software

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic