Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

error 550 administrative prohibition

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ed.kalk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ed.kalk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: error 550 administrative prohibition
    Posted: 18 June 2008 at 12:20pm
Hello,

I'm new at this and just installed the EVAL version about 2 hours ago. I have the SPAM filter ISP server all setup and was trying to telnet a test e-mail to SPAM filter ISP. I was able to send the e-mail to spam filter isp, but spam filter isp was not able to send the e-mail to my mail server for delivery. SPAM filter got error 550 administrative prohibition. I saw this in the activity log on spam filter ISP.

to further test, I tried to telnet directly to my server and got the same error.
when sending mail to the same e-mail account via my outlook client, it works. (outgoing mail server is our mail server, which requires auth)
when sending to the same e-mail account via another mail account of mine it works. (another domain with an exchange server)

Why can I send mail from other mail servers, but not telnet directly to my mail server?
why can't SPAM filter ISP send mail to my mail server?

please help
Desperado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desperado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 2:37pm
ed.kalk,

Does your mail server have a list of "allowed Relay hosts"?   Also, can I assume you are telneting on port 25 and that the mail server is on a separate machine from SpamFilter?
The Desperado
Dan Seligmann.
Work: http://www.mags.net
Personal: http://www.desperado.com

ed.kalk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ed.kalk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 3:37pm
Thanks for the reply, I think it was that. I added the Static IP of the SPAM filter ISP server to the alwaysrelay file in cpanel's /etc directory. It is working now. I also had to add the recipient domain to cpanel's /etc/localdomains file because it was missing for some reason.... First time i saw that...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic