Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How To Get Unblocked

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
vicktor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vicktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How To Get Unblocked
    Posted: 13 September 2006 at 8:28am

I have tried to send messages to a market charting service that  I pay an expensive subscription to, and in my attempt to ask for help, I get a bounced back email message saying I have been blocked out.

This has been going on for a long time. So on an alternative email system I told my subscription service of what is happening and if they could offer any help since I go round in circles with this Logsat system. So they sent me the IP address and also the server info such as vsmtp14.xx.x (sample). So I enter the IP address into the Logsat system but it also asks for a PIN number. What is that PIN number How do I obtain it in order to enter it in the request? Help please... 

When driving in Rome, do as the Romans, just run em over!
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 1:00pm
vicktor,

The email you sent us contained the error:

The IP Address of the sender (IP Address) was found in a DNS blacklist database and was therefore refused

From there we do not see where SpamFilter is involved.
If your IP address (as you did not provide one we can't check) is listed in the SFDB, the delisting process does ask for a PIN to be typed manually. The PIN will be shown on the page itself and is clearly visible...
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
vicktor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vicktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 2:00pm

Roberto, Excuse me if I'm off base, but this seems to be getting so silly that it's beyond comprehension to understand. First I get blocked out from support@worden.com. In all my fumbling, somewhere it says you can send a message to LogSat which I did. But apparently, there is a Spamcop that blocks out LogSat. Unbelievable, a spammer blocker gets blocked out from another spammer blocker. There was one previous to yours and prior to Spamcop, they even wanted a donation to get unblocked.  I wonder how and why this support@worden.com got so blocked out that goes on for literally years. Yes, years, I gave up on this years ago, but now I'm back on it because I need to get unblocked from especially LogSat. Spamcop blocks out LogSat, unblievable wonders!! The people at Worden did an investigation and they advised me that the IP is 212-216-176-118 and the server is vsmtp14.tin.it, so why when I send a message to you, do I get blocked out with 212.216.176.110 to trying to send a message to your system. Who orders the specific block outs? How do you guys get paid to block out innocent people? Also, where it says enter the PIN, it says that it starts out from the BOLD number and goes round clockwise and that seems simple enough, but I get a report that either the IP is wrong or the PIN.  What goes on, why do you people block out non spammers, why don't you re-enable such block outs after say 24 or 48 hours like what is supposedly normal protocol? Seems to me and from what I read on this forum, this system of yours is running an unethical business practice! My impression anyway!!  Sounds like you guys got us guys in Guantanamo! :>). Free us after 24 or 48 hours will you? I hope you got enough info now!!!

Since I am in Italy, I wonder if also you people are? Are you!??

That server tin.it has like 24 other numbers listed besides this 212.216.176.110 or 118.

>SMPT protocol dagnostic 521 the 212.216.176.110 is blacked listed by bl.spamcop.net. Blocked-see http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?212.216.176.110--<<

Sorry, I just want to send a simple blessed message to a service that I need support from and to whom I pay a blessed fortune to?

Edited by vicktor
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 4:17pm
Vicktor,

As the bounce message clearly states, the IP 212.216.176.110 you use is being blacklisted by SpamCop. SpamCop is a service used by thousands of companies worldwide to stop spam, and our product, SpamFilter, by default also uses them. SpamCop is not blacklisting LogSat, SpamCop is blacklisting TIN, your provider.

We are an american company, however some of us are italian, and are so very aware of the (often lack of) skill level of the large italian providers. TIN's mail server are well known to be used by spammers, and thus end up frequently being blacklisted. Right now there are 5 major blacklist providers, including SpamCop, that are blacklisting that IP. That means that there are probably millions of users right now in the world that are not receiving emails from that TIN's server.

Unfortunately you will need to contact TIN to inform them of the problem so they can take care of the problem on their end. I say "unfortunately" because again, I'm very aware of the problems you will encounter in finding a service representative at TIN with enough knowledge of what the problem is.

As far as the PIN is concerned, I'm afraid that is a separate issue than the IP 212.216.176.110 being blacklisted by SpamCop. That IP is *not* currently blacklisted in our SFDB. If you were directed to the SFDB "why" page on our website, that is for a different email than the one you reported. In this case, it is your mail provider (probably TIN again...) who is blacklisted in our SFDB database, and it is again their administrators who will need to delist themselves. It is them who will have to enter a PIN and an IP address, as you should have read, of where the spam was sent to. This forces the blacklisted administrators to look thru their SMTP logs to find the source of the problem within their network to be delisted. If you are seing this information, it is possibly because by chance you are on the same pool of addresses of an IP that is currently blacklisted.
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
vicktor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vicktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 5:21pm

Roberto Franceschetti,

Ok, finally I understand somewhat what is going on. I have contacted my provider several times in the past for different issues and with no offense to them they are pretty thick headed and slow in replying. Sometimes they will not reply for over a month.  Also, at times I get replies that appear to me as if they are washing their hands of the problem I present to them so I assume they just don't know what their talking about and what really is going on by their own IP addresses being blocked out (24 of them as listed by Spamcop), or just don't know what they are doing although they like to think here that they are all models of intelligence to the world.  At times I have received answerers from them stating that the problem is out of there jurisdiction, out of their area of responsibility, etc.  I have never received an answer that really satisfies the guestioning, never!! After all, surely out of the 24  IP addresses that are listed, surely, they must be aware of them all or are so thick headed they can't understand it. Surely, I'm not the only one to complain? I will forward the messages we have sent to each other (You and I) and send it to them.  God help me dealing with them, wish me luck, I have  a lot of experience here..arrggghhh!!. I should get an answer in a couple of months.

But aside from the above, why doesn't Spamcop unlist the addresses after say 24 or 48 hours, isn't that supposed to be automatic?

Edited by vicktor
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 6:45pm
That's part of why I left Italy ten years ago... Every day there issues like that for one company or another...

SpamCop will delist the IP in about 10 hours, they are not as dynamic and effective as our SFDB service (built following recommendations from our users). Just for curiosity, you may try telling the "deficiente" from TIN that will answer you next time, that (quoted from SpamCop):

• System administrator has already delisted this system once
Because of the above problems, express-delisting is not available
Listing History
In the past 27.0 days, it has been listed 12 times for a total of 16.2 days.
==============

Also interesting is the explanation by another blacklist provider (quoted by FIVETEN):
added 2006-02-25; unable to stop their dialup spammer, too many abuse addresses at abuse.net
==================

If a service provider knows that a dialup customer is sending spam, and are unable to stop them, then they should indeed be permanently banned in blacklists.

You may want to use TIN only for plain internet access, and look for a "real" internet service provider that will give you email and hosting space. By the way, this is the setup for many of my relatives back home... they all use US-based companies to handle their emails.
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
vicktor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vicktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2006 at 10:13pm

Roberto,

OK, I understand, and I will do my best to forward some information to them. But as you described, I suppose there's no real complete hope, but at least I'm sure I will eventually get an answer, it will be interesting to see what they say. You have been very helpful where at least I know somewhat what the problem and how difficult it is to solve even on the part of TIN.  BTW, it is also not only "Tin.it"  here because if you heard of Tiscali.it, they too are blocked out because I have tried going through them previously a few years ago. I add another question, and that is, why is it to "Only" support@worden.com and to no one else that I send messages to?

Best wishes to you,

Victor

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic