Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Delete messages that exceed the maximum #

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PHS View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PHS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Delete messages that exceed the maximum #
    Posted: 05 December 2005 at 9:26pm

Hi,

How can I enable the automatic deletion of messages that exceed the maximum number of recipients, definied in configuration?

I'm getting a lot of this events and my quarantine db (mdb type) gets bigger by the day!!

Also, why dont you create an option that let us establish the order in witch the antispam rules are applied?

Thanks,

PHS

sgeorge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgeorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2005 at 11:10am
That sure would be nice to have a "Do not quarantine" box for messages that exceeed the RCPT to max threshold.  For my situtation, 84% of the spam that I catch is caught because it violates that rule!  I'm sure glad that the rcpt to max it's at there, though - it saves my users from an inbox full of grief.
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2005 at 5:05pm
PHS,

The option to "do not quarantine" messages if they violate the max recipients filter is not available. Yet... We may make it availabel via a SpamFilter.ini setting soon.

As far as customizing the order of the filters, there are no plans to implement that yet.
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
sgeorge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgeorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2005 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by LogSat LogSat wrote:

As far as customizing the order of the filters, there are no plans to implement that yet.

PHS, in the case of the Max RCPT To option, it makes sense that it be one of the first filters run in all cases.  One of the first things that the receiving mail server is given is a list of all of the recipients.  This comes before mail headers, message body, and attachments.  So it is very efficient to reject the message and disconnect the connecting machine as soon as the the Max RCPT To rule has been violated, before having to download the entitity of the message.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic