Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'2.0.1.309' .ini documentation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dcook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '2.0.1.309' .ini documentation
    Posted: 17 March 2004 at 10:26am

I need some info on the new .ini options in '2.0.1.309'.  Can you post it or if it is posted tell me where I can find it.

Dwight

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2004 at 1:49pm

Dwight,

You can find a fully commented sample ini file with the hidden options at:

http://www.logsat.com/spamfilter/pub/spamfilter.ini

Roberto F.
LogSat Software

dcook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2004 at 9:25pm

I was referring to the following new additions to the .ini
I could use some explanation on the following:

1. :NULL tag ( I have seen this term in the forum, but I don't know what it means)
2. TagAndQuarantine
3. SPAMTagPrefix
4. DoNotSendNDROnQuarantine

These look like features I could use.   I would apreciate any documentation.

Dwight

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2004 at 12:06am
Dwight,

We updated the package containing the latest build 309 in the registered download area. In it you will find an updated readme.html file that will contain a description of these new features. In short:

The "hidden" ini options are:

;The SPAMTagPrefix will be prefixed to all subject lines marked for "mark as SPAM and deliver"
SPAMTagPrefix=SPAM:

;Set TagSPAMAndQuarantine=1 if you want to prefix every quarantine subject line with the prefix specified in SPAMTagPrefix ini parameter
TagSPAMAndQuarantine=0

;Setting DoNotSendNDROnQuarantine to 1 will prevent generation of NDR when email are quarantined by causing SpamFilter *not* to send an error code when quarantining emails
DoNotSendNDROnQuarantine=0

Blacklisted Domains - You can keep a file with additional Domains that you want to blacklist (based on the MAIL FROM field) by entering them below below. Enter one domain per line, wildcards (* and ?, same rules as DOS wildcards) are allowed. You can also use Regular Expressions (RegEx). If the file does not exist it will be created. The file is reloaded every minute. The contents of the file will be loaded in the memo box, allowing you to make changes to the file. This list supports the :NULL option to send emails in a black hole. If an entry is in the form domain1.com:NULL it will cause all emails from domain1.com to be accepted and then sent to NULL right away. Such emails will not cause NDRs, they will not be quarantined, they will not be seen by the users.

Blacklisted FROM Emails - If you want to block any particular email addresses, enter them here, one email per line. Wildcards (* and ?, same rules as DOS wildcards) are allowed. You can also use Regular Expressions (RegEx). This list supports the :NULL option to send emails in a black hole. This list supports the :NULL option to send emails in a black hole. If an entry is in the form user1@domain1.com:NULL it will cause all emails from user1@domain1.com to be accepted and then sent to NULL right away. Such emails will not cause NDRs, they will not be quarantined, they will not be seen by the users.

Blacklisted TO Emails - If you want to block any particular destination addresses, enter them here, one email per line. Wildcards (* and ?, same rules as DOS wildcards) are allowed. You can also use Regular Expressions (RegEx). If an entry is in the form user1@domain1.com:NULL it will cause all emails to user1@domain1.com to be accepted and then sent to NULL right away. Such emails will not cause NDRs, they will not be quarantined, they will not be seen by the users.

Attachment Blocking - You can block emails that have unwanted attachments. You can keep a file with banned attachments here. check emails for specific attachments or attachment extensions. If the attachment is found, the email is rejected. Wildcards (* and ?, same rules as DOS wildcards) are allowed. You can also use Regular Expressions (RegEx). This list supports the :NULL option to send emails in a black hole. If an entry is in the form filename:NULL it will cause all emails with the filename attachment to be accepted and then sent to NULL right away. Such emails will not cause NDRs, they will not be quarantined, they will not be seen by the users.

Unfiltered Emails - Any local email address listed here will cause SpamFilter to bypass all blacklist rules for it. If you have any users who do not want to have their email filtered, enter them here. Wildcards (* and ?, same rules as DOS wildcards) are allowed. You can also use Regular Expressions (RegEx). This list supports the :TAG option to bypass the default "pass all" rule for entries on this list. If an entry is in the form user@domain1.com:TAG it will cause all emails sent to user@domain1.com to be accepted and then delivered to that user no matter what. However emails that are classified as spam by the various filters will have the prefix "SPAM:" added to the subject line.

Edited by LogSat - 24 January 2009 at 10:28am
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic