Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Quarantine not deleting mail...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Neal View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quarantine not deleting mail...
    Posted: 18 December 2003 at 9:50am

I recently changed the amount of time the quarantaine folder holds mail from 3 days to 1 day but I am still seeing mail in there from 3 days ago. I changed the delete interval to 0 at the same time so that it should delete them right away. How long does it take before it is removed? Is there a way to force it to delete these mails without going through and selecting each one seperatly? I am running version 1.2.0.206 of SpamFilter.

Thanks

Ric Marques View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ric Marques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2003 at 1:10pm

Neal -

Setting the delete interval to 0 disables the delete process... try setting it to 5 and restart the program - it should delete them immediately upon restarting.

-Ric

Neal View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2003 at 1:52pm
I have tried that several time and they are still showing in the database. Any other ideas?
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2003 at 10:55pm

Neal,

Can you let us know what database platform (MS SQL, MySQL, Access, Oracle) you are using?

The table tblQuarantine in the database contains a field called Expire. If any record in that table has a value of 1 or -1 (depending on the DB platform), then that record is marked for deletion and SpamFilter will remove it (and the related record in the tblMsgs table) on the next delete interval. (One way to delete quarantined emails in bulk is to set that field to 1 or -1 directly in the database).

If you check that table, and you indeed see older entries that have an Expire value <> 0 that have not been deleted yet, can you check the ServerID value for that record? It must be either 0 or must match the value in your SpamFilter.ini file for the variable tblServersServerID.

Please let us know what you discover.

Roberto F.
LogSat Software

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic