Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CPU USAGE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Andrew Speer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Speer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CPU USAGE
    Posted: 17 September 2003 at 1:28am
uhm, my computer is using the cpu like no other even when just dragging a window around the screen. i have a fesh copy of xp pro on and its so bad it even makes listening to music impossible. microsoft said its hardware and the hardware ppl said its xp. i need some help. running on a 2.53ghz, 1024mb ram, with 2 180gb hd's. this thing worked til the reinstall
Logik! View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logik! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2003 at 4:55pm

Why do you think this relates to SpamFilter?

Contact me off-line...

fjp View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2003 at 12:26pm
I have the same problem and the same OS.  The CPU usage clocks out at 100% and I found that explorer runs at 98-99% at times and I don't know why? 
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2003 at 11:30pm

Frank,

If it's the Explorer process and not SpamFilter running at 98%, have you looked elsewhere for the problem? The first thing that comes to mind is antivirus software. Most of them can keep up with SpamFilter without problems, but some others may not.

Roberto F.
LogSat Software

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic