Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Excludeip.txt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RobStagg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobStagg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Excludeip.txt
    Posted: 05 December 2014 at 5:31pm
I've been adding class c ip ranges in excludeip.txt. Now I want to go through the latest logs to see how effective this approach is. How can I tell what is being blocked by this method?
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2014 at 11:44pm
I'm not sure if you're referring to the IP blacklist (to block senders), or the IP whitelist (to let them thru).

In the case of the blacklist, if an email is blocked by the IP blacklist, an entry like this will be generated i the logs:

12/05/14 23:39:59:171 -- (17714544) - IP is in local blacklist file...

if instead you're referring to the IP whitelist, then in that case an entry similar to this will be generated:

12/05/14 23:42:36:171 -- (17713136) Bypassed all rules for: user@logsat.com from sender@some_domain.com ( Whitelisted Peer IP)
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
RobStagg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobStagg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2014 at 5:32pm

The name of the file was confusing to me too.  My intention is to blacklist the IPs in the list.  If I seach for all of the IPs in the list, I should be able to come up with log records that show what it's doing one way or the other.  I couldn't find anywhere in the UI, a place to blacklist IPs.  I assumed the blacklist cache was dynamic.  I'll check back on Monday.  

I did check and can find that we're blocking based on the IP ranges we added to the list.  Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic