Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Release Mail via Database

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
insitec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insitec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Release Mail via Database
    Posted: 08 September 2014 at 12:43am
Hi folks,

I just had a request to release any and all mail from a particular address, irrespective of to whom it was addressed.

Anyone ever done that - or anything similar - before? I'm guessing I could change a flag in the database, after selecting all the emails from that address... but I'm really not sure.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Andy
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2014 at 9:02am
Hi Andy,

You can run the following directly against the database:

UPDATE    tblQuarantine
SET              Deliver = 1
WHERE     EmailFrom = 'some_user@some_domain.com'

replacing the sample email address above with the actual sender's email address.

Note that after sending all the emails quarantined having that email address as the sender, SpamFilter will then add entries to its internal whitelist matching that sender with any recipients for which that email was blocked. This causes any future emails from that specific sender to any of those recipients to be automatically whitelisted from that point on.

If you want to see what emails will be delivered by that query before actually delivering them, you can run this query instead:

SELECT * FROM tblQuarantine WHERE  EmailFrom='some_user@some_domain.com'
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
insitec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insitec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2014 at 8:27pm
Thank you very much!

Deliver = 1 in tblQuarantine was exactly the missing piece of my puzzle!

Much appreciated,

Andy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic