Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

prvs= overiding white list

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JeffHildebrand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffHildebrand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: prvs= overiding white list
    Posted: 01 November 2010 at 12:47pm
We have a company that seems to be using a form of Bounce Address Tag Validation that keeps getting blocked.  I have tried adding the domain to the white list but the emails are continuing to be blocked?  The From fields is in the form of
prvs=59176D4360=username@domainname.com with the prvs=###= changing each time.
Is there anything else I can try to prevent the emails from getting blocked?

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2010 at 4:15pm
Jeff,

SpamFilter does not look at the "From:" header when handling sender's addresses, as this is just a header, not the real sender's address. SpamFilter instead acts upon the address specified in the "RCPT TO" SMTP command. This address is recorded in the "X-SF-RX-Return-Path" header that is added to the email by SpamFilter, and which will usually also match the email address specified in the "Return-Path" header.

When examining the sender's address in order to whitelist them, you will need to look at this "RCPT TO" address, not the one in the "From:" header.
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
Thermo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thermo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 12:38pm
My routine for handling this after releasing one from quarantine is to wildcard the sender in the AutoWhiteListForceDelivery.txt file. I open the file, do a find (CTRL+F), search term is prvs and then I wildcard the address up to the username.

This  prvs=59176D4360=username@domainname.com|user@ourcompany.com
Becomes this *username@domainname.com|user@ourcompany.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic