Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SFDC filter too aggressive

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Simone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SFDC filter too aggressive
    Posted: 19 February 2008 at 10:16am
I'm having problems with SFDC filter that is too aggressive, i'm using 15 as network reliability, which number are you using?

With 15 it is stopping always email with only subject and attachment...

Do you have the same problem?
jerbo128 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbo128 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 2:36pm
I am having the same issues with emails that have a blank body.  Regardless of attachment or not.

Jeremy
Simone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2008 at 4:09am
I don't think this is the problem but which network reliability are you using?
jerbo128 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbo128 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2008 at 9:18am
My SFDC is set at 2.  But I think Logsat overrides that with a much higher number.

I don't think that it is an issue with being too aggressive, but rather that SFDC seems to classify all emails with an empty body as the same.  I would like to see something that allows you to exclude those with an empty body, or just have the filter ignore them all together.

Jeremy
Simone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 12:57pm
Hi roberto,

any news about this issue?
My SFDC network reliability is 25 now but the problem is going on....
davemeister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davemeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 2:17am
Keep raising it if it is not to your liking. Remember the "number" indicates the number of spamfilter "builds" that report the abuse to the SFDC.  A number of 2 is prob too low. 15 I am finding is low as well. I've pumped mine up to 25. We'll see how it does. The more spamfilter builds out there, the higher the number should be if you want to trim that particular filter down.

You could always disable it as well. I've notice that the Greylist takes care of most of the junk and you may have no need for the SFDC. Just depends. I think you still want to use it though as it helps Logsat build a more effective SFDC.

Am I correct Roberto? :-)

Davemeister
-Death to Spammers!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic