Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Spam Filter Configuration - Newbie

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cinthia View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cinthia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spam Filter Configuration - Newbie
    Posted: 21 February 2006 at 6:53pm
Hi, I would like some help about the changes I have to do in my mail server configuration. I don't know too much about DNS configuration.. so i think i'm not doing things so well . I want to make a configuration: "SMTP servers directly connected to Internet". So I have to change the DNS MX Record, to mail2.mydomain.com.. I think I've done that:

mydomain.com.         ;  IN MX    10 mail2

and change my "A" record to:

mail2         &nb sp;         &nb sp; IN A     ##.##.###.### (the new IP).

I also configured the Spam Filter with this:

SMTP listener socket:

IP: the IP of mail2.domain.com
port: 80
FQSN: mail2.domain.com

Destination server:
name: domain.com
por: 80

DNS Server:
My Server IP

But things don't work, I'm not receiving the emails, and any mail is processed by the Spam Filter, any help about this will be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Cinthia
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2006 at 7:25pm
Cinthia,

As far as the DNS is concerned, the forum may have re-formatted your posing, so we can't be sure your entries are correct. What I have doubts on is the text following the ";" (semicolon). In DNS anything after the ";" sign is a comment, so your entries may not be correct.

In addition, and more important, is that SMTP (email) traffic occurs over port 25, not port 80, so in SpamFilter you will need to change the listening port to 25.  The destination port in theory could be 80 if you've configured your mail server to listen on port 80, but I'd advise you  double-check that configuration as it may create other problems if you also have a webserver installed on that server.

Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic