Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - mail recipient shows as Unfiltered even though not listed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

mail recipient shows as Unfiltered even though not listed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lior View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mail recipient shows as Unfiltered even though not listed
    Posted: 31 August 2003 at 2:06am

Ver 1.2.0.178

One of my recipients is show in SpamFilter activity log as being bypasses:

"bypassed all rules for username@mydomain.com"

Sometime in the past I may have listed it as Unfiltered, but not anymore. The problem is that it get huge number of viruses.

I have searched all files & registry and couldn't find where this bypass rule is coming from.

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2003 at 10:46pm

Lior,

Are you sure you do not have the "mydomain.com" in your example in your white-listed domains?

If you want to email us a copy of your SpamFilter.ini file, along with all your local black / whitelist files, and a copy of the activity log that shows the incoming email bypassing the rules, we'll try to help.

Roberto F.
LogSat Software

Lior View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2003 at 4:59am

Thanks Roberto

I found that the bypass was for the IP address and not for the recipeint. This was correct since the IP was white listed.

The log wrongly stated that the rule is for the recipient instead of the IP.

regards,

Lior

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic