Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TAddToQuarantine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MatWEB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MatWEB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TAddToQuarantine
    Posted: 24 July 2006 at 3:55pm
Hello everyone, I need assistance. Recently, I have the following error
    Error occurred during TAddToQuarantineThread when accessing the quarantine database: Nonvalid argument ( 83 84 85 86 86a 86b 86c 87 88 89 90 91)

What can I do to correct the error ???
sgeorge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgeorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2006 at 4:33pm
Hi there.  I can't help, but just to save you some time... I think that they'll probably want to know what version of SpamFilter you are running.

Stephen
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2006 at 10:20pm
MatWEB,

As sgeorge hinted, can you please let us know what version of SpamFilter you're using, and also what database (MySQL, MS SQL, Access, Oracle) and its version, you're using?
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
MatWEB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MatWEB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 8:01am
We are using spamfilter 3.0.2.578 and our database is in Access (2000). But, I think i have found that the database is full. We have reach the 2GB limit. How can clean up the database to lower the size of this one ???
sgeorge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgeorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 2:07pm
Now that I may be able to help you with... 

• This post may be handy... I asked Roberto that very question regarding MS Access.
    Some other handy notes:
  • Access databases are not automatically cleaned-up/shrunk.  If your database reaches 2 GB and you delete 500 messages, it will stay at 2 GB.  Now, future inserts will take advantage of that unused space in the file, but in order to manually shrink the database...
  1. Make a copy of your database (let's refer to the copy as "db2")
  2. Cleanup db2.
  3. In MS Access 2000, the option to manually "shrink" unused database space is under
    Tools->Database Utilities->Compact and Repair Database...
  4. Swap db1 with db2:
    a.) check your live quarantine in SpamFilter to make sure that no new good messages have come into db1 (because your about to replace it)
    b.) shut down SpamFilter
    c.) replace db1 with db2
    d.) start SpamFilter
  5. Revise your quarantine limits!
    -You will definitely want to change SpamFilter's quarantine limits to try to prevent this from recurring (Settings->Quarantine DB)
    -If your db filled up because your getting slammed by large attachments that frequently come in, you may want to emply use of the ":null" tag in your blacklists to prevent certain messages from being stored in the quarantine.
Judging by the crazy # of steps involved in clean-up, using SQL over this MS Access is ideal.  I use MS Access as well - I prefer to dedicate my SQL Server solely to serving the databases that it already has.

Btw, I have Access queries that I use to identify large spam messages (as well as likely false positives).  If you would like 'em, just let me know.

Good luck!

Stephen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic