Print Page | Close Window

quarantined messages not being delivered

Printed From: LogSat Software
Category: Spam Filter ISP
Forum Name: Spam Filter ISP Support
Forum Description: General support for Spam Filter ISP
URL: http://www.logsat.com/spamfilter/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=7014
Printed Date: 19 November 2017 at 10:41am


Topic: quarantined messages not being delivered
Posted By: Terry
Subject: quarantined messages not being delivered
Date Posted: 16 April 2012 at 12:38pm
We are having a new problem (maybe since we went to 4.2.4.851).  It seems that our release from quarantine process is not working right.  Spamfilter shows these messages in the log file
 
04/16/12 09:10:25:940 -- (3824) Adding to d:\program files\spamfilter\AutoWhiteListForceDelivery.txt:laurenceleon@keykertusa.com|terry.cross@portofportland.com
04/16/12 09:10:25:955 -- (5792) Starting bayesian procedures
04/16/12 09:10:25:971 -- (3824) Delivering quarantined email from < mailto:laurenceleon@keykertusa.com - laurenceleon@keykertusa.com > to mailto:terry.cross@portofportland.com - terry.cross@portofportland.com
however I never seem to see the message that shows that it forwards it to our exchange edgearray servers.....



Replies:
Posted By: LogSat
Date Posted: 16 April 2012 at 7:20pm
Terry,

Could you please zip and email us (to support at logsat dot com) the entire logfile for the 16th, in case there are other entries being logged that could be related to this?

If the zip is over 8MB in size, I'll send you via PM the info for our FTP site.


-------------
Roberto Franceschetti

http://www.logsat.com" rel="nofollow - LogSat Software

http://www.logsat.com/sfi-spam-filter.asp" rel="nofollow - Spam Filter ISP


Posted By: Terry
Date Posted: 17 April 2012 at 3:16pm
As a follow up on this...After Roberto gave me some guidance on some items to check...I did the following:

These processes appear to be working again at this time.  The vendor was able to review the log and see some issues with the mail flow appearing to have to do with a corrupt mail message…He was wondering if we had a virus scanner that may have quarantined a message and screwed up the spamfilter process….this could have indeed happened since forefront was scanning the spamfilter folder and may have corrupted a tmp file as it was being built. 

 

What I have done…

a)      I have change forefront to no longer scan the d:\program files\spamfilter folders

b)      I deleted all the 130,000 tmp files that were in the “spamfilter\corpus\queue” folder (since 2007)

c)       I deleted all the older tmp files in the “spamfilter\queue” folder (different than above)

 

After restarting the spamfilter service the quarantine process is now working again and the password recovery process is tested and working at this time…




Print Page | Close Window