Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No Relay Error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
joinbiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joinbiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Relay Error
    Posted: 05 January 2008 at 6:15am
Hi,
I have my domain listed in Domain list but any email comming from outside, I will get the following error:

1/05/08 05:12:18:156 -- (7128) Connection from: 217.146.182.181  -  Originating country : United Kingdom
01/05/08 05:12:18:625 -- (7128) Mail from: atena.alimohammad@yahoo.com To: saeed@mbm-realestate.com - rejected - no relay allowed or % found in FROM address
01/05/08 05:12:18:625 -- (7128) 217.146.182.181 - Mail from: atena.alimohammad@yahoo.com To: saeed@mbm-realestate.com will be disconnected
01/05/08 05:12:18:640 -- (7128) Disconnect

my config is as follows:
Spam filter is on one ip address and my mail server is on another ip address.
I have added my domain to the local domains list and restart spamfilter.
but I can't get any emails. all the email will be rejected with same error.
could you pelease tell me why?

Regards
Behzad
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 10:22am
Behzad,

The error "no relay allowed" indicates that the domain "mbm-realestate.com" is not listed in the "Local Domains" in SpamFilter.

The location where domains are added to the local domains list in SpamFilter is slightly different depending if you are using SpamFilter ISP "standard" or SpamFilter "Enterprise".

The screenshot at www.logsat.com/sfi-spam-filter-screenshots/sfi-more-filtering-options.asp shows where the domain is added to SpamFilter Enterprise (add it in the list of domains at the top of the window, below the "ALL DOMAINS" entry. If you are using SpamFilter ISP "standard", there will be a "Local Domains" tab under the whitelist section of that window.

Once you add the domain mbm-realestate.com to the local domains in SpamFilter, you simply need to click on the "Save Settings" button, there is never the need to restart SpamFilter.
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
joinbiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joinbiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 1:25pm
Hi,
Thank you for the fast reply.
I have an old version (2.7) and the domain name is listed in the location you have specified. but still I get the same error!

Regards
Behzad
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 1:57pm
Can you please ensure you have a valid filename, containing the full drive letter + path, is specified in the edit box above the memo control that contains your local domains?
If there is not a filename specified, SpamFilter will not be able to save the list of domains, and thus all incoming emails will be rejected.

If you still have issues, please email us your SpamFilter.ini file, and the file you specified above that stores the local domains to support at logsat dot com so we can take a look.
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 2:45pm
I can't tell with 100% certainty as the forum may have changed your file-format, but it seems that may of your domain names have trailing spaces after them. SpamFilter will interpret the domains "as-is", so if there is a space in the domain name, SpamFilter will not remove it. Can you please ensure there are not trailing/leading spaces int he domain list? 
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
joinbiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joinbiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 3:15pm

Dear Roberto, Hi

Thank you for the tip.

it fixed the issue.

could you please remove the domains list I have posted fromt he form?

Regards

Behzad

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2008 at 3:22pm
Done!
As a side-note, you may want to upgrade from v2.7 to the latest 3.5 (and soon to the new 4.0 currently in beta). There are several new filtering options that improve the amount of spam v2.7 is catching.
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic