Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blacklisted From address problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jdrolet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdrolet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blacklisted From address problem
    Posted: 26 September 2006 at 12:02am

I have found several cases where entries in the Blacklisted FROM Emails is not successfully blocking spam. A specific example of an entry in this list that is not working is:

*@bot.tmxusa.com

Am I coding this incorrectly?

Joe Dr.
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2006 at 10:32pm
Yes, the sysntax is correct. However please ensure that you are identifying and blocking the sender's address as specified in the "MAIL FROM" address (often called "envelope" address or "return path", and not the one specified in the email's "from" header. SpamFilter does not use the address in the email's from header as it's only useed for display purposes.
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
jdrolet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdrolet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2006 at 12:07pm

Thanks, Roberto, I understand.

Suggestion: Also Black List from the emails FROM Header. This particular spammer sends emails using the same FROM Header but different MAIL FROM Headers so a different entry has made each time they change MAIL FROMs. If LogSat checked on the FROM Header I could block everything from this source with one Blacklist entry. This is not uncommon in my experience with spam.

Perhaps LogSat could programaticall check both Headers using the same Blacklist.

Thanks for all the help.

Joe Dr.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic