Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Unfiltered Emails and tag :delete ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Simone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unfiltered Emails and tag :delete ?
    Posted: 12 July 2006 at 4:34am

I don't understand why i cannot use the tag :delete on my unfiltered email list or tag :quarantine (it should depend on what is configured by default in sf.

My situation is the following:
- sf configured to quarantine by default
- some domains should only :tag or :tagsubject and i can do that with the unfiltered list and relative tags
- some other domain should have the spam email deleted, but i don't know how to do that....

Could you please tell me how to do that or provide a new feature to let it work in some way?

Thank you,

Simone

lyndonje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lyndonje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 6:36am
I *think* the tag/quarantine options are server specific and not domain specific and so not sure if what you are trying to do is possible? Be interesting to find out...
Simone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 6:48am

It is not correct.

You can put the TAG or TAGSUBJECT option on a specific email (or a specific domain if you tag all the emails of the domain) if you want by using the unfiltered emails but you cannot decide to delete spam email directed to a specific email/domain.

It is very strange, i think, and could be very easy to implement .... i hope  .

It should very helpfull to avoid that particular users that do not use the quarantine do not let the db grow up without reason.

It should decrement SF and db resources.

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 7:44pm
Simone,

If I understood correctly, you would like that spam sent to some domains be deleted right away instead of being quarantined.

If that is so, it's currently not possible. I've added the request to the wish list, but can't say if/when it will be implemented.
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
Simone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 9:50am

Yes, you have understood it is exactly what i'm looking for!

I hope you will find the solution asap.

Ciao,
Simone

Simone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2006 at 12:38pm

hi roberto,

any news about this feature?

Ciao,
Simone

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2006 at 11:06pm
We're working on a new version of SpamFilter to be released within a month or two, and have paused the addition of smaller additions until then. If you can ping (remind..) me again after it's released, I'll have more information then.
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic