Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Feature Request - Log Roll over

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Desperado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desperado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feature Request - Log Roll over
    Posted: 01 February 2006 at 11:24am
Roberto,

I run a perl script to break my log files 4 times a day as they get huge but I need all the logging information.  99.99% of the time, the script works but that 01% can really cause an issue.  Can you possibly add an option to "roll" logs say ... every "X" hours so that we can customize that setting as our traffic increases?
     I am not sure what the log naming convention should be in this case.  I append my logs as follows:
20060130.log  Active Log
20060130pm-1.log  Midnight to 6AM
20060130am-2.log  6AM to Noon
20060130pm-1.log  Noon to 6PM
20060130pm-2.log  6PM to midnight

Edited by Desperado
The Desperado
Dan Seligmann.
Work: http://www.mags.net
Personal: http://www.desperado.com

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 5:14pm
That is a very reasonable request, as many of you are parsing huge logs. We wanted to release officially build 522 these next couple of days, but have had several requests for small additions and bug fixes last week. We'll try to sneak that in as well in a new build, and will postpone the official release for a week or so then....
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic