Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bug?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mikek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bug?
    Posted: 24 October 2005 at 2:54am

I am using an "authorized e-mails" file since a few days.

I have placed this file in a subdirectory of spamfilter, since another application ist generating this file so I can share this subdirectory for this application.

With this setup, a new emtpy "AutoWhiteListForceDelivery.txt" was created in this subdirectory and is now being populated...

The original "AutoWhiteListForceDelivery.txt" in the Spamfilter directory still exists with all it's entries, but is probably no longer being used, the way it looks.

Roberto, could you look into this? I'm using V2.6.3.487

Cheers!

Mike

Marco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2005 at 3:18am

my guess would be to try and copy the autowhitelist....  file to your new subdir and see if spf uses it or not.

or enter some test adresses in the new file and run some tests to see which of the two whitelists is active.

Anyone who is capable of getting himself made president, should on no account be allowed to do the job. D.Adams
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 7:02am
Mike,

We had a bug in very earlier version that caused SpamFilter *not* to prefix the filename of the autowhitelist with the full path of its location. This happened when the entry in the ini file was first created, and once it's there, SpamFilter will reuse it and not overwrite it. Without a full path, SpamFilter will use whatever directory Windows provides as a default, and will thus cause the problems you experience.
If you edit the SpamFilter.ini file, and add the full path name to the "AutoWhiteListForceDeliveryFileName=" entry, that should solve the problem.

Please note that you should be able to do this while SpamFilter is running, as it will automatically reimport its settings.
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
mikek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 7:16am

Thanks Roberto, that did the trick!

Cheers!

Mike

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic