Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bug Found

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kspare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kspare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bug Found
    Posted: 24 June 2005 at 12:10pm

Roberto,

I found a bug in working up a work around solution to keeping the honey pot.

I have spamfilter set to tag spam on the subject line, and then forward spam to a certain ip and port.

It fowards it to the spam ip and port, but it also forwards it on to the destination ip!

Please help!

kspare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kspare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2005 at 1:01pm

**UPDATE**

It seems that this is only happening when spam is found due to the honeypot ip blacklist.

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2005 at 4:47pm
Kevin,

We're not able to reproduce this, the email is only sent to the server defined in the

DestSMTPServerForSPAM=

entry in the SpamFilter.ini file (if that is how you're forwarding spam to an alternate server).

Could you zip a copy of your SpamFilter.ini file, SpamFilter's logfile and the addresses involved so we can try to find out more?

Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
kspare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kspare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2005 at 4:51pm

You know what roberto, I couldn't get it to do it again either! But I have the logs to prove that it happened!

I was able to create a solution to my entire offsite mx problem and honey pot problem.

I setup spamfilter to forward and tag all spam to 127.0.0.1 port 102.

at the port is MS SMTP, it just listens for email and redirects it to the second instance of spamfilter on my primary gateway. This way if my primary office is down, spamfilter doesn't have to worry about queuing up the tagged spam, the MS service handles that, also because the second spamfilter service does't worry about scanning for ips, it just is there to literally quaruntine messages, it doesn't block my emails. So I am now able to bring back live my offsite gateway and not worry anymore!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic