Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Delivering quarantined messages..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rothnie View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rothnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Delivering quarantined messages..
    Posted: 03 June 2005 at 9:05am

What would be the easiest way of delivering quarantined messages without affecting the Corpus db and autowhitelist file?

I'm using the honeypot with great success, but think I should keep the blocked messages for future queries.

tekpet View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tekpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 11:26am
May I ask what future queries?

The honeypot only gives you IP addresses of email that was delivered to a honeypot address, which you know only gets spam. The logs are better for this.

If you want to keep a backup of the mail received and quarantined, then I would suggest, not allowing spamfilter to delete quarantined messages and have some sort of stored procedure to backup and clear-out the quarantine database on a scheduled basis, instead. This means the messages are recoverable (with a bit of work) but also out of the way of the main quarantine database tables.

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 4:01pm
Rothnie,

SpamFilter will automatically update both the corpus and autowhitelist files when force-delivering quarantined emails. If you disable the Bayesian filter and backup the autowhitelist file, deliver the emails, then reactivate the Bayesina filter and restore the autowhitelist file that should do the trick.
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic