Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Version v2.5.1.441 has problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gzejer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gzejer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Version v2.5.1.441 has problems
    Posted: 10 May 2005 at 10:22pm

I bought it for two of my clients. I installed it ver.995 and it was working great. After installing v2.5.1.441 I started having problems from rejected emails to crashing client servers. It took me several hours to figure out that it was your program crashing. I downgraded it to ver. 995 and everything is in a great shape again.

Perhaps you guys should test it better before releasing it to your customers. 

Pretty dissapointing :(

Edited by gzejer
Desperado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desperado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 10:36pm

Interesting ... I NEVER had an issue at all with build 441 and really have not seen any of the V 2.5 builds actually "crash".  I am running with around 150,000 messages / day  and around 500 Domains.  Cany you post some statistics?

Regards,

The Desperado
Dan Seligmann.
Work: http://www.mags.net
Personal: http://www.desperado.com

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 9:56pm
gzejer,

Version 2.5.1.441 has been tested extensively, and was available as a beta for several weeks without a single report of a problem. We never release official builds if we have prior knowledge that there is even a single issue. Please scan through our forums and you'll notice how on occasion we have delayed releasing official version to take care of individual issues first.

As this is the first we hear about the problem, if you can post additional information that can help use find the problem we'll try to find out the cause.
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
Alan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 1:07pm
It's too bad you did not give LogSat a chance to help you troubleshoot your problem before you publicly badmouth them.  Like many other longtime registered users, I have not had any major problems with any of the 2.5.x releases.  And when there are any odd issues, LogSat is VERY good about working with their registered users to get to the root of the problem and either provide a solution for the user if it is a configuation problem on their part, or create a new build if it appears to be a bug.

Roberto is very responsive, if you would give them a chance to help you.  If you have actually bought the product as you say, you should take advantage of that. 

And if you find that you may have spoken too harshly, I am sure a retraction here would be appreciated too, as Roberto does work very hard to keep the product working well.
kspare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kspare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 2:03pm
i'm willing to bet he does not have his mdac updated. that shoudl be somewhere in big flashing letters that mdac MUST be updated to the latest version.
Alan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 2:23pm
kspare, you might be right.  I notice in another post that he is running it on an NT4 box, which does require a little more work to get working properly.  
gzejer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gzejer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2005 at 3:30pm

Sorry Guys, I am not trying to offend anyone. I am running the software on a Windows 2003 SBS and 2000 SBS. I am not sure where you Alan found NT4 but regardless. I had the previous versions of Spam ISP installed and working great. Never had any issues untill upgrading them to the last (441). By the way my MDAC is updated to the last version. My Spam ISP started crashing after trying to refresh the quarntine. Also I started getting error messages in the Activity log. Now, I am not an expert but I downgraded the software to the previous version and it started working fine.

Finally, when my POP3 remote users try to send email, SPAM ISP rejects them saying the my users do not exist. As I said before downgrading the software did the trick.

Edited by gzejer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic