Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

beyes tokens - quarentined emails only?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
omaits View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: beyes tokens - quarentined emails only?
    Posted: 25 February 2005 at 12:20pm

Do all of the rejected emails get loaded into the beyesian database or only those that are quarantined? Currently, emails blocked by MAPS do not quarantine. I want to make sure these emails are included with the beyesian analysis.

Also, is there any way to not search the file attachment when searching for words using regular expressions? I tried using the following command and it keeps getting found in attachments.

(?i)p(.{0,3})o(.{0,3})r(.{0,3})n

Thanks!

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2005 at 3:08pm
The general rule of thumb is that yes, all the emails that are quarantined will be entered in the bayesian filter. The ones that are not quarantined are rejected immediately, even before the email itself is received, so there is no content to parse for the Bayesian filter.
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
omaits View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2005 at 4:24pm

Well, I guess I didnt get a mentally challenged beyesian filter after all. Is there any harm in sending all the rejected emails to teh quarantined database. I dont want to use up too much resources.

Also, any ideas on filter reading the attachment question?

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2005 at 4:32pm
Some emails will never get quarantined, as those where the spammer tries to use SpamFilter as an open relay, or the ones where the connectionis dropped because of too many connections. In all other cases, emails are usually quarantined unless the admin opts to not do that. What filters cause a quarantine and which don't is up to the administrator. By default everything will be quarantined, admins then decide what they can safely discard, depending on the hardware resources they have at their disposal (storage is the main issue).

As far as the attachment question, sorry, I missed that. SpamFilter will scan all text attachments, that feature cannot be changed.
Roberto Franceschetti

LogSat Software

Spam Filter ISP
omaits View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2005 at 4:43pm

Thanks so much for the guidance Roberto. I will start quarantining all the email to get a better beyesian fitler probability.

Thanks again and have a good weekend. Take care.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic