Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Verizon spam filter prevents communication

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Thor View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Verizon spam filter prevents communication
    Posted: 21 December 2004 at 2:12pm

This is extremely annoying.  I have many friends in other countries, including Iceland.  I am now no longer able to receive any e-mails that originate in Iceland.  Calling the Verizon helpdesk they claim this spam detector is to protect customers but is causing a delay for up to 2 weeks and that there is nothing they can do about this.  This is not just outrageous, it is absurd.

keizersozay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keizersozay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2004 at 2:57pm
Verizon sucks.
Here is one example of why......
http://www.logsat.com/spamfilter/forums/showmessage.asp?messageID=4674
laurent View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 8:33pm

Same problem with friends and relative from France. Called Verizon and the support rep told me that their new spam filter discards emails from foreign countries. I'm stunned by a so outrageous filtering and even more by the fact that Verizon did not notify me before doing this.

I'm actively looking for a new ISP.

ikorolev View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ikorolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2005 at 7:39pm
These idiots also blocked the whole Russia.   They say "We informed other ISPs about our change, but some have not reacted".   They think everybody has to react to their stupid changes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic