Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

blacklist / (from peter@pln.co.uk)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Peter Dawson View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Dawson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: blacklist / (from peter@pln.co.uk)
    Posted: 09 December 2004 at 11:44am
I have a domian http://www.xyz.com How do I blacklist/block all emails to an email address on that domain, e.g. abc@xyz.com
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2004 at 6:51pm
Peter,

If we understood correctly, and abc@xyz.com is an email address belonging to your domain, you should be able to add it to the "TO Emails" blacklist.

Roberto F. LogSat Software
peter@pln.co.uk View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter@pln.co.uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2004 at 3:37am
I've checked the settings. I had xzy.com in the whitelist domains which I have now taken out and restarted the service. I've checked the alloweddomains file and it is empty, so it only takes the default domain from the configuration page, which is xyz.com. The message I get is abc@xyz.com is bypassing all filters. Should I have something different than xyz.com as the default domain on the configuration page?
LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2004 at 5:42pm
Peter,

I'm not sure what you mean by "xyz.com as the default domain on the configuration page", can you please explain more in detail what setting you're referring to?

Please note that any domains that you own, for which you receive emails, must be entered in the "Local Domains" whitelist under the "Settings - Black / White Lists" tab.

If you're seing the entry "abc@xyz.com is bypassing all filters", and you are 100% that neither the sender nor the recipient are whitelisted, please double check that under the "Settings - Customized Items" tab, all of the custom responses begin with a 3-digit error code. If not, SpamFilter will not have an RFC error code to provide the sender and is forced to accept the email.

If all appears to be configured correctly, please zip and email us: a copy of SpamFilter's activity log showing the emails bypassed the rules your SpamFilter.ini file all your local blacklist and whitelist files the from and to email addresses in question so we may find them in the log

Roberto F. LogSat Software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic