Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bayseian Filter 5000 messages?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
citrus3000psi View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citrus3000psi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bayseian Filter 5000 messages?
    Posted: 11 November 2004 at 2:26pm

Currently we are testing this product for use in a production  server.  In the docs it states that it needs 5000 messages for the filter to kick in.  Theres really no easy way to push 5000 messages through to test the server.  Is there a database somewhere that I can import into my program to get a head start?

-Thanks

Dan

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2004 at 10:23pm
Dan,

Please see the posting at http://www.logsat.com/spamfilter/forums/showmessage.asp?messageID=3121 for details on how to lower the minimum 5000 email threshold.

If you wish, we can make available our own corpus files since they've been trained already, but I do not believe you will have optimal accuracy since the type of spam and good emails we receive is possibly very different from the one you receive. We developed this filter with this in mind, so that each installation will be able to build a unique statistical database that accurately reflect their traffic.

I've placed a copy of our corpus files at HYPERLINK http://www.logsat.com/spamfilter/pub/temp/corpus.zip. To switch corpus, simply stop SpamFilter, then make a backup of your corpus.ini, db.dat and db.dat.prb files found in the SpamFilter\Corpus directory. Replace your files with the 3 in the zip, then restart SpamFilter. That's all. To revert back to your copy, stop SpamFilter and overwrite our files with your backups, then restart SpamFilter.

Roberto F. LogSat Software
Nick-V View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick-V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2006 at 6:49am

When I click on the zip file I get diorected to your home page...can I download this somehow?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic