Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Web interface

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hsarver@sosbbs.com View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hsarver@sosbbs.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Web interface
    Posted: 24 September 2004 at 4:05pm

Hello,

I have a running Spamfilter server that is using Access database and the web interface works with no problem.  However, I can not let the server go above about 500MB in the quarantine databas for it causes the server CPU to max.  So I am trying to setup another server with MySQL as the database.

I have it all setup and the MySQL database quarantine is growing; however, I can not get the ASP or the PHP web interface to work.  Willing to use either.  On the PHP I get:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ',' in D:\SpamFilterWeb\PHP\db_connect.php on line 3

Notice: Undefined index: EmailAddress in D:\SpamFilterWeb\PHP\authenticate.php on line 6

When I go to index.php

And on the ASP I get:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

/db_connect.asp, line 6

Is there some step by step instructions somewhere?  I do not care which one just want to get one to work.

Thanks.

Hillard

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2004 at 1:34am
Hillard,

On the db_connect.asp page, on line 6, have you specified the correct path to the UDL file that points to your database?

Alternatively, you can copy and paste the "Connection String" value in the "Settings - Quarantine DB" tab in the SpamFilter GUI after the

con.Open

entry in the ASP page (enclose the connecion string in double quotes).

Roberto F. LogSat Software
Hillard View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hillard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2004 at 8:38am

Okay I did that; however, it was the same line as what was in there.  Below is the db_connect.asp the way it looks:

<%
    Set con = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
 con.ConnectionTimeout = 10
 con.CommandTimeout = 30
 con.CursorLocation = 3
 con.Open "FILENAME=D:\SpamFilter\Database\SpamFilterMySQL.udl"
%>

Does that give any light as to what may be wrong?  The above path is the correct path to the file and spamfilter is putting things in the quarantine and I can see entries in the SpamFilter GUI if I hit refresh button.

Hillard

Hillard View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hillard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2004 at 9:21am

Oh, forgot, just in case it makes a difference I am doing this on a Windows 2000 server.

Hillard

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2004 at 10:39pm
Hillard,

If your posting shows the line 6 *exactly* as is, then the problem is that you have "FILENAME" as one word, while the correct syntax should be the following:

con.Open "FILE NAME=D:\SpamFilter\Database\SpamFilterMySQL.udl"

Please note that FILE NAME is two separate words.

If the posting is incorrect, and in the ASP page you do have FILE NAME, then can you please double-click on the SpamFilterMySQL.udl file from the Windows Explorer, and from the dialog box that appears, click on "Test Connection". If the UDL file is correct, you will receive a confirmation that the connection was successful. You should not be prompted for a username/password. If so, the ASP code will fail, and you'll need to reconfigure the UDL or the MySQL ODBC connection to store the password.

If that too is successful, then please ensure that the account that IIS uses (usually the IUSR_machineName user) has read access rights to the UDL file.

Roberto F.

LogSat Software

Hillard View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hillard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2004 at 10:49pm

>have "FILENAME" as one word,

There is a space.  I retyped it to make sure and still no joy.

>reconfigure the UDL or the MySQL ODBC connection to store the password.

The UDL works without error and says all is okay.  I can also see the messages in the quarantine grid with no problem.

>IUSR_machineName user) has read access rights to the UDL file.

Yes that username has read, even gave it full control still no joy. What can I try next.  I really want to use MySQL in the new spam server instead of the Access which goes to CPU max when the quarantine database gets much above 500mb.

Hillard

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic