Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ASP
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedASP

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Randall Sanborn View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASP
    Posted: 27 July 2004 at 3:48pm
We're trying to setup the web interface, but when a user registers, the Deliver field does not get set to 1. Thus it sits there and expires. I checked and it does say rs("Deliver") = 1 so not sure whats going on. Any ideas? Everything else is getting set properly.
Back to Top
Desperado View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 27 January 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1143
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 8:15pm
Randall,
 
Chect the code. It should liik something like the following with the red being possible areas to look at:
 
 rs("EMailFrom") = support@yourdomain.com
 rs("EMailTo") = EMail
 rs("Subject") = "Your quarantine area password"
 rs("MsgID") = MsgID
 rs("MsgDate") = MessageDate
 rs("Expire") = 0
 rs("Deliver") = 1
 rs("ServerID") = 5  '  MAKE SURE THIS IS YOUR CORRECT SERVER ID
 rs("RejectDetails") = ""
 rs("RejectID") = 0
 rs.Update
 rs.Close
 Set rs = Nothing
 
Let me know if this helps or not.
 
Regards,
 
Dan S (User)
Back to Top
Randall Sanborn View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 9:19am
Yep, its all right. Server is 1, expire is set to 0 and deliver is set to 1. I also put in the email addy. When I look them up in the db, it shows all the fields just the way they should be except for deliver and expire. In the ASP source, they are set to 1 and 0 respectively. In the quarantine db they are set to 0 and -1 respectively. Not sure why it won't take the values.
Back to Top
Desperado View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 27 January 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1143
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 9:49am

Randall,

Can you check the user permissions on that table?  Make sure that the SpamFilter has permission to insert in those fields.  Remove the message from the db and try a new one.

Dan S.

PS:  I had an issue at one time when the email address was formatted like the original asp sample and changed it ti look as my example.

Back to Top
Randall Sanborn View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 10:07am
I did check the permissions. I switched them from write, to modify and all seems to be working now. The only problem we have now is that inetinfo.exe is holding the CPU up at 100% usage. It just started after we started using these pages. A little research shows it as a common problem with forms. Not sure on the fix yet though.
Back to Top
Randall Sanborn View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 10:36am
Nevermind, looks like the runaway process started before we implemented the page. It looks like a couple of things could have caused it, not entirely sure what it was but we had to reboot.
Back to Top
Desperado View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 27 January 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1143
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:18am

So .... bottom line, the registration is working now?  And it was the permissions?

Dan

Back to Top
Randall Sanborn View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 2:02pm

Correct, we had to change the permissions from Write, to Modify. After that we had a problem with the password change page. I got the fix from and earlier forum post about that though. So that is all well. We have a new problem though.

When I have an email sent to me, it is not appearing in AutoWhiteListForceDelivery.txt, nor is it showing up in WLexcludedFrom.txt. Not sure what the issue is, and I haven't found what actually adds it to the list. Is it a function of the actual spam filter function, or is it a bit of code in the ASP that adds the line?

Back to Top
Desperado View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 27 January 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1143
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 6:23pm

Randall,

First, make sure the path of the auto exclude whitelist is correct in the ini file.  There was an issue in one build where the full path was not properly specified.  This has been corrected but the path will not change unless you change it and restart the service.

Second, the application itself does the writing to the file not the ASP code.

Dan

Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 0.266 seconds.