Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Update notification for registered users

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alan View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Update notification for registered users
    Posted: 12 April 2004 at 12:10pm

I know I had asked this before but can you create a mailing list to auto-notify registered users when there is a new release or new pre-release version ready to download?   I believe that very few check the GUI very often to see what is the lastest version.  Likewise, you can append notices of What's-New as well as bug-fix info regarding the new versions.

On another related issue, I had been running the 2.0.1.312 release based on a suggestion from Dan but now I notice that release is no longer listed as a download and 2.0.1.309 is listed instead.  Is there a problem with the 312 release that casue it to be withdrawn?  Email notification of these sorts of things would be nice and would certainly seem like it should be a benefit of registering.

Desperado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desperado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2004 at 4:57pm

Roberto may want to comment on this but some of the "un-official" builds have code changes specific to debugging a minor but persistent issue.  I have been working with LogSat on one issue that seems to only effect my instalation and some of the later builds are for debugging that issue.  I am running 312 on all my instalations EXCEPT the one we are debugging.  I believe the 312 shoild be very stable as I have had ZERO issues with it in all the instances I am running.  I have actually forgotten the issue that prompted me to have you try 312.  Did it resolve what ever that issue was?

Regards,

Dan S.

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2004 at 1:01am

Alan,

Your request not be notified of new releases is very valid. Being distributors of anti-spam software causes us to be very concerned in sending out unsolicited emails :-)

We'll be modifying the website shortly to allow users to update their profiles so they can be notified by email of updates, both for official releases and pre-releases.

Build 309 is the latest "official" release. We started to make the latest pre-release builds available in the registered use are as well, and rotate them as new builds are released. 312 was replaced on the website by the latest builds available (we've re-posted 312 in case you missed it). Please note that these interim builds are mainly to fix very specific issues that only cetain users are having. We try to have an updated list of updates in pre-releases as well at the release notes and bug fixes link on the download page.

Roberto F.
LogSat Software

Alan View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2004 at 5:21pm
Thanks.  The specific issue that Dan had refered me to 312 was because certain attachments that had the ":NULL" suffix were still ending up in the quarantine.  The 312 release did resolve it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic