Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Version 2 Pricing Comments

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Desperado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desperado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Version 2 Pricing Comments
    Posted: 19 March 2004 at 2:35am
All,

I have followed several threads complaining about the upgrade pricing from V1x to v2x and would like to make a couple of brief comments that I really hope will be read.  I say "brief" because I could really "go off" on this issue.

First off, SpamFilter is a great product that has evolved as the Spam techniques morphed.  I have been involved with several software venders in the past and I have never experienced the level of response to user input / requests as I have with LogSat. With most products, the developer has already made his / her mind up as to what the product is going to look like and that's that. We truly are receiving a custom application with many features driven directly by what the user base wants to see in the product. Where I come from, that is worth more than I can put a price on.

Second, and more down to the basics, if there are any users out there who work for free, please let me know because I may have some work to be done.  How can anyone expect to get any improvements in a product if the people doing the work aren't getting paid?

Last comment, because I could go on for ever here, I seriously doubt that there are many software products that do not come with a price tag attached to a major version change.  I even have several cases where I had free software that suddenly wasn't free anymore.

I selected this product after using another product for a year.  That product was not any where near as good a product and it started at $99 and when a version change came through, it jumped to $300.  They offered a 10% discount for holders of the older version and the "New version" had no significant improvements.  I also tried 3 other products. I really liked and was excited by one and had to call for pricing.  My brain practically exploded when, based on my customer base, I was quoted $50,000 !!!  And they REQUIRED a "Support Subscription" which was $2100 / year. Another example ... If anyone, other than myself is using SendMailNT, that product started at $400 when we first purchased it.  The next year, it went up to $1600 and we still went for it because we were so far down that road.  A year later, the company changed their "Customer Target".  Imaging my horror when I found that it would cost me $18,000 and it no longer was "User Friendly" in our environment as an ISP.  Needless to say, this time we did not go for it and are frozen at the version that we were running.

Bottom line, I believe we all get paid by our customers so why should our venders work for free.

Regards,

Dan S.
keizersozay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keizersozay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2004 at 9:16am
I agree... This software is powerful and cheap. Nuff said. The new pricing structure is very reasonable.
eric View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2004 at 12:09pm

if you use 50% microsoft products, why even talk about less then 1000,--

we just migrated alle our mailservers (a lot) to one big cluster ms$ exchange 2003,

but considering the anti spam techniques from exchange 2003, within a day, the sendmailNT with logsat and mcafee mr1a was back.

microsoft will do a case study about our (quite large) company, and logsat will come on their  site.

we have several cases where microsoft wanted to learn from us,

http://www.microsoft.com/netherlands/referenties/referenties/nov17_grontmij.asp

and all i can do, is do something back for logsat.

I hope this will not cause to much attention, however, i hope, the new version 2 will sell like hell.

Desperado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desperado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2004 at 11:36pm

Do you have an English translation for the link you provided? 

Thanks,

Dan S.

JimMeredith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimMeredith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2004 at 11:49pm

Dan,

If a direct translation of the article isn't available, you could always use one of the online translation services.  http://www.freetranslation.com/web.asp offers a free online Dutch-to-English web page translation.

These Babelfish-style online translations generate weird sentences like "Effort of Microsoft technology was for the development of the north Sea-atlas the best choice," but they are usually good enough to get a general idea.

Jim

Eric View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2004 at 5:58pm

while using the translator ....

//Sea-Atlas with help of. NEAT technology//

hehe... no, spamfilter is neat technology, en ms has .net technology

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic