Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Verzion.Net - How to get off their black list.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AJ Whitten View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJ Whitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Verzion.Net - How to get off their black list.
    Posted: 08 March 2004 at 7:22pm

Is there any way to get off their black list. I have tried the telnet relay.verizon.net 25 suggestions, but every time I put the Mail From: aj@<MyDomainName> I get the 550 error.

550 You are not allowed to send mail:sc022pub.verizon.net

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

George View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2004 at 8:56pm

I had to call them to get my network put in their allowed rely list. When I call I explained that several of their new DSL clients were having problems replying to email that is hosted on my network and after a few days and a second follow up call their fixed the problem.

PS. Don't bother looking for a phone number to call because there isn't one. I called in on the regular DSL support number and got a liver person on the phone who was able to transfer me to the proper upper level network support department.

Hope this helps.

Jim View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2004 at 2:00pm

We had the same problem and found they were using sender verification with a Blank or Null from field.

We had SpamFilterISP configured to reject all requests with a blank From field.  Once we removed this we were able to send mail to Verizon.net customers.

Verizon claimed they were going to change the verification request from a blank field to postmaster@verizon.net to avoid this problem, but that obviously has not happend yet.

barbara View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2006 at 11:42am
get me off black list 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic