Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Documentation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Desperado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desperado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Documentation
    Posted: 01 March 2004 at 9:26pm

Roberto, (LogSat Support)

Can you post a list of where the ":null" will or will not work in the black-lists?  Also,  I do not know if I have an up-to-date list of the ABSOLUTE order of the filtering priorities. Can you also post that at your convenience?

Regards, and thanks.

Dan S.

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2004 at 12:15am

Dan,

The :NULL option will work with the following:

Local Domains Blacklist
Local Emails Blacklist
Local Emails TO Blacklist

As far as an up to date detection order list, following below is a copy of my last post that includes the proper updates.

A note about "hidden" options in the SpamFilter.INI file. The new installation program will install a new ini file that already contains the hidden options with the default values and brief explanations. The only problem is that the install won't overwrite your existing file, and we forgot to include it in the Win32 directory in the zipped archive. So you can either install to an empty directory to see the file, or more conveniently, download a sample SpamFilter.ini from our website.

All the white lists are checked first. If a match is found, the blacklists are skipped, the email recipients are accepted, and SpamFilter is ready to accept the data command. If none of the whitelists are matched, then the blacklists are currently searched in order below. This order is not user-definable, at least not right now.

1. Allowed Domains
  2. Local Domain BlackList
  3. Local Emails Blacklist
  4. Local Emails TO Blacklist
  5. Not in Authorized TO Emails
  6. Country Blacklist
  7. Reject No Reverse DNS
  8. Reject Empty Mail From
  9. Reject Same To From Email address
  10. Reject Same To From Domain
  11. Recipient Count > Max RCPTTO
  12. MAPS check
  13. Attachment Filter
  14. Keywords
  15. Bayesian Filtering

The only exception to the whitelist is the "whitelist keyword check". In order for that to work, the message has to be received first, and for this reason even if the senders is blacklisted by other filters, the email will still be received so that it can be checked against the keyword whitelist.

Once a blacklist "hits", all further blacklist checks are skipped.

Desperado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desperado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2004 at 12:22am

Roberto,

Thank you.  This time I will save it where I won't lose it!

Regards,

Dan

bpogue99 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bpogue99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2004 at 12:37pm
Hi Dan, could you email me at bpogue99@hotmail.com please... I've got some questions about the stats page you did a while ago and SQL statements. If I could get a copy of the SQL statements, or even the source to the stats page, I could probably edit it to match my SQL server and connectors. Thanks, bill
Brian Trinidad View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2004 at 2:22pm

Dan the man, Ive been trying to get the latest version of your regex, ive contact sf support with no reply, any chance you could send it to my hotmail account brian1493 at hotmail.com

thanks much

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic