Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Beta 292 Expiration on Monday

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JimMeredith View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimMeredith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beta 292 Expiration on Monday
    Posted: 27 February 2004 at 2:52am

Roberto,

Will we see a general release on Friday, or another "short fuse" beta sometime this weekend? :)

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2004 at 12:21am

Jim,

The beta currently available was most likely the last one to be released. We are ready to release officially the new v2 of SpamFilter, which will happen sometime this weekend. We are making final updates to the documentation and to the website, and as soon as they're complete we'll make it available.

Roberto F.
LogSat Software

JimMeredith View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimMeredith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2004 at 1:23pm

Thanks, Roberto.  Regardless of whether it's another short-term beta or full release, it's fine with me; I'm just trying to avoid a "Monday morning surprise" with our system rejecting all messages due to an expired beta.

I definitely appreciate your efforts in customer service, and in bringing this great software to market in the first place... but would ask that, in future "beta" programs, you could allow more time (at least a full day, preferably two or more days) between the expiration date on one beta build and the release of another.

There are always risks that we, as users, must accept when we run beta software, but the risk of not having a replacement for an expired beta should not be one of them.

Jim

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic