Spam Filter ISP Support Forum

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Verizon email delivery and the 550 NDR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KJ View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Verizon email delivery and the 550 NDR
    Posted: 21 January 2004 at 8:52am
We recently started having problems sending email to Verizon and receive the dreaded 550 NDR message when sending to any verizon.net or gte.net address.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Is it SpamFilter that is causing the problem?  Is there something that needs to be turned of or on?  I read something about turning on allowing blank senders but that does not seem to work in our case.  Any info would be great in solving this mystery. 
KJ View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2004 at 10:48am
Spoke to soon.  Unchecking the blank sender option does fix this problem.  I guess I will see how much email we get from blank senders now.  Thanks Verizon.  Are there any thoughts from Logsat on this?
George View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2004 at 4:09pm

I am having problems sending email to any verizon.net/com email address. I have tried unchecking the blank sender option and it does fix not this problem. 

This is part of the error.

<<< 550 You are not allowed to send mail:sc014pub.verizon.net
554 "nameleftout"@verizon.net... Service unavailable

This is a major issue that needs to be addressed and resolved.

LogSat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LogSat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2004 at 10:20pm

George,

Can you please post further details? The first question is if you are using SpamFilter to send your outgoing email. As we try to stress in the docs and the forum, SpamFilter is designed to handle incoming email only, and should not be used to send outgoing email to the internet. If you are using SpamFilter to send emails to the outside, ex. verizon, can you please either post or email to support@logsat.com the full error message along with the section of SpamFilter's activity log that shows the activity in the timeframe of the error?

Roberto F.
LogSat Software

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic